Thursday, February 9, 2017

Texas Method Team Training. Week 11. Volume Day

BW - 223

Squat - 315X5X5

Press - 125X5X5

Deadlift - 250X10X2

Was on my own training today as I couldn't make the team training day.  Would have liked to be with the coach, etc. for my run at 315 5X5, but it is what it is.  And what it is is pretty hard!  It's such a milestone thing to do 3 plates-per-side for 5X5 for me, that I got pretty amped up.  This had me gripping the bar too hard; a habit I've been breaking myself of.  The result was that, by the time I was stepping up for set #3, my shoulders and elbows were screaming.  I ended up taking extra long breaks in between sets to let the pain recede.  Long story short:  I got the 315X5X5, and it was hard, and my elbows really hurt afterward.

The pain in my elbows radiated down into my wrists and hands, and made the Press feel really weak.  This 5X5 was also very difficult today, but I got it as well.

By this time, Deadlifting seemed like a cake-walk and went just fine.

Also, the guy that spotted my last 3 sets of Squats, ended up working up to 700X1.  That was pretty fucking cool to watch.

No comments: