Monday, August 22, 2016

Hybrid Training. Week 7. Tempo Run

Tempo Run: 3.5 miles; 45 minutes

That's gotta be both a time and distance PR for non-stop running.  Now it's time to start progressing it.  I will reset to 2.5 miles.  I'm going to make a bigger jump than I would have expected, but based on some articles I've found on runners world, etc., it may be in range of what is recommended.  I'm going to jump from a ~00:12:50 mile pace to a ~00:11:25 miles pace.  Progress distance from 2.5 to 3.5 miles at that pace, and if that works out, I should be in range to jump to my goal of a 5K in 30 minutes.

We'll just have to see how the pace jump works for me.  For theses first weeks when progression was focused solely on distance, I forced myself to keep to about the slowest possible pace without walking.  There were often times 1/2 way through a run when I felt like I could have still increased the pace, so we'll see.

No comments: