Thursday, February 2, 2012

UB: Strong Week 3. Deadlift

Defranco Mobility

Standing Calf Raises - 265X15, 325X15, 365X15

Deadlift -
155X5
185X5
205X5
225X5
255X5

Power Shrugs - 315X12, 8

Chin-ups - Gym BW 205X10, 4

Cable Crunch - 100X12, 10, 10

10 minutes on the treadmill

Wasn't sure how things would go today becasue I was running on a sleep deficit, and we had a party at work that involved both alcohol and massage therapy.  However, I didn't feel even a little drunk (except for after the massage) so I thought I'd try to get in my last "light" pull session.

Calf raises are getting harder, so I'm only going to try and go up a plate per session on the top set.

255X5 is only about 10lbs shy of my projected 5 rep max, but I have to say the top set felt pretty good, and, as has been the case lately, felt like the smoothest set of the session.  Next week I use my projected 5RM.

Moved up to 315 on the shrugs, but as you can see from the 2nd set, I'm still too light.  I guess I'll just jump all the way to 365 next week and see if that gets the reps down.

10 chins at a gym weight of 205 is probably a PR.  Still can't get 1/2 the reps on the 2nd set though, which is bullshit.

I switched to a different cable machine where I knew the weight would be "heavier."  I had to use my wrist straps to hold onto the rope handles here, and still felt like I got a hell of a grip work-out.  I need to find another way to do these.  The elitefts and Westside guys all did them standing.  Sometimes in a lat-pulldown station and sometimes with a band tied to a rack.  I'll try some of this.  The movement is definetly good for me.  Challenging and I can feel the muscle working smoothly through-out, so I have to fix these issues away from the abs so that they don't interfere with the work.

10 minutes of treadmill.  Whoopty.

No comments: