Monday, February 20, 2012

UB: Strong Week 5. Squat

Defranco Mobility Warm-up

Standing Calf Raises - 245X15, 285X15, 325X15

Squat -
BarX10
135X5
185X5
205X5
225X5
255X5

Front Squat - 135X8, 5

RDL - 175X12, 4

Reverse Hyper - 50X18, 15, 15

Working my way back up on calf raises now that I've changed my technique to explode up, slow eccentric, pause at the bottom.  Felt it a little bit more the next day.

255 is a Rep PR, a projected increase to my 1RM, and more weight than I've ever put on my back.  I did this from stands, but next week when I go up to 265 I'll need to use a power rack and ask for a spot, because these were slow.  I didn't really hit a sticking point, though, so I'm optimistic about 265.

Decided to just go with a plate per side for Fronts.  Minor PR.

My mid-back strain was bothering me a lot during RDL's.  I got a Rep PR on the 1st set, but couldn't make half as many on the 50% set.

I'd been watching some Louie Simmons talks and lectures, and decided to take a spin on the reverse-hyper and see if my back strain, or anything else felt better as a result.  I kept the weight low, and the reps high.  I will say that the following couple of days, the back strain feels less constant.  I should probably incorporate these and GHR's as general pre-hab work in the future.

No comments: