Tuesday, January 31, 2012

UB: Strong Week 3. Press

Defranco Shoulder mobility

Machine Neck Flexion - 25X20X3

Press -
BarX10
55X5
65X5
75X5
85X5
95X5

Upright Rows - 95X10, 6

DB Laterals - 30sX11, 6

Hanging Leg Raise - 7, 6, 6, 6, 6

10 minute trot on treadmill and 20 minute walk home

I had a friend staying with me this weekend so everything is kind of hard because of late nights, inconsistent diet, and massive quantities of alcohol.

Neck machine felt heavy.  Great.

Pressing felt fine.  Now that I'm about at the half-way mark of the cycle, I'm starting to allow more time between top sets.

I focused on moving the bar undercontrol and with feeling the muscles on the upright rows to make sure I'm not in danger of damaging my shoulder.  Everything was nice and smooth, and set a Rep PR besides.

Laterals felt good too.  Little bit of progress on both these lifts.  Exactly what I want here I believe.

I've been doing sets of 5 on leg raises for a while, so I made sure to do 6s this time.  Sometimes you can get used to a weight/rep range on the little stuff and forget to try and progress.

The weather was nice so I decided to walk home.  Nevertheless, I did my 10 minutes on the treadmill first to keep some discipline in, and not allow myself to get used to bailing after my last lift.

No comments: