Monday, February 27, 2012

UB: Strong Week 6. Squat

Defranco Mobility

Squat -
BarX15
135X5
165X5
205X5
235X5
265XFail

Incline Sprints - 10 minutes

As soon as I crossed 200 lbs. today everything felt heavy.  This happens with me with Squats and Pulls, so I didn't worry about it until I did the 235 set.  That felt really heavy, and I got concerned.  I tried to tell myself I was psyching myself out.  That I did 255X5 last week, and that I would at least get 3 reps with 265.   I think I got to far forward on the descent, though, and I had to dump the bar over my head onto the pins.  Prudently, I had decided to use the power rack today.

I looked at that bar sitting on the pins, and I just knew I was done for the day.  I already set a big PR last week so I called that good, and hung it up and went to run some sprints.  I went about 70-80% on these.  Nice and easy, and just got some work in.  I'll do a separate write up of my impressions from this program.

No comments: