Tuesday, January 17, 2012

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 3. Week 3. Bench and Squat

Defranco Stretching and Mobility work

Bench -
BarX10
95X5
135X5
155X3
170X4

Squat -
BarX10
135X5
165X5
190X5
215X3
240X3

Pulldowns, slow eccenctric - 70X12, 10, 80X10
super-set with
GHR's - 5, 5, 10

Face-pulls - 4 sets of 15-20

Core Circuit - 25lb. plate X2

Sick all week plus rehearsals and work.  Felt better in time to get to the gym, but I was about 5-8 lbs. lighter than last session.  Rep PR's in both main lifts.  Bench felt good, Squats were hard.  Probably would have been the opposite if I'd have reversed the order.  Frankly, I'm happy to have the Rep PR's with the week I had.

This was the last 531 session.  I start Paul Carter's Ultimate Beastdom next.  It's something I've had my eye on, so I thought I'd start it while I still have some "easy" gains left in me.  531 was pretty good to me, and I may come back to it.  I'm telling myself I'm not program hopping, and that I'm just a novice trying out a few different variations of the SAME KIND OF LIFTING to find out if any one iteration works better than another.

Really focused on the muscle with the pull-downs.  Using my lats to bring my elbows down, and then relaxing them slowly on the way back up.

I moved the GHR settings up by one notch verically and horizontally and it easily cut my reps in half!  I backed it up one notch horizontally for the last set and was able to gut out 10 hard ones. 

Did face-pulls and got through the core circuit for the target reps.

No comments: