Tuesday, January 10, 2012

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 3. Week 3. Press and Deadlift

Defranco Stretches and Mobility work

Press-
BarX10
70X5
95X5
105X3
120X3 (failed on 4)

Deadlift -
135X5
185X5
225X5
250X3
280X3
super-set with
Hanging Leg-Raise - BWX5X3

Bench Dips - BW(206)X15, 15, 20

BB Split Squat - BarX8, 10, 8
super-set with
Hammer Curls - 25'sX15, 15, 10

Hammer and Tire - 2 rounds of 40 swings

Felt like crap this day.  Though I was hung over, but it turned out I was sick as I popped a fever later that night.  Originally wanted to go for 5 on my top set of Presses to close out this round of 5/3/1 with a PR, but I knew I felt weak so I went for 4 and failed.  It happens.  3 was still a Rep PR.

Deadlift was a little better, but I was only going for a small rep PR which I got.  Actually 2 would have been a Rep PR, so this might have been my best lift of the day.

Bench Dips were fine.

I skipped an upper-back movement, because I ran to the beach with the wife yesterday and knocked out some chins and inverted rows while we were down there.  Back felt plenty worked.

Because I was sick and didn't know it, the single-leg work was extra sucky.  Whatever.

Curls were curls.

I had to drag myself in to the side room for a hammer session, but I got a little one in.  I was cashed out after this.  Probably before this actually.  Ugh.

No comments: