Friday, November 11, 2011

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 1. Week 2. Bench

Defranco's Simple-6

Bench -
BarX10
95X5
115X3
120X3
140X3
155X5 (5 Rep PR)
super-set with
Chin-ups - BWX6X6

Chin-ups - BWX6X3
super-set with
Dips - BWX10, 6, 8

Dips - BWX7, 5, 5, 7
super-set with
Face-pulls - 4 sets of 15-20

As I mentioned in my last two posts, I'm going to start tracking Actual Rep PR's in addition to PR's for a higher projected 1RM.  155 could have been a 3 Rep Bench PR, but I thought I could get 5, and I did.  So that's my new 5 Rep Bench PR.  Another great way to stay motivated and have fun instead of frustration.  I had to make a separate table to keep track of this however.  All the tables I'm keeping are starting to get obnoxious.  Otherwise the bench felt pretty good today even with my new, slower descent.


Chins were a little rough today because my abs were sore from all the Leg-Raise volume on DL day.  But I still got my 9 sets of 6.  I'll try for the 8X7 starting next week.

Dips were a bit of a let-down.  I really though I'd get at least two sets of 10 this week.  I was mainly focused on keeping my elbows tucked, however, and my shoulder feels fine today.  I'm shooting for 50 total reps, however I'm going all out on the final set.  I need to start doing that with Chins as well.

My low back still feels tight from the strain I got on DL day, so I didn't do any rowing or hammer and tire, and just threw a few high-rep sets of Face-pulls in between my last Dip sets to make sure and promote shoulder health.

No comments: