Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Old Man Texas Method. Week 10.5. Volume Day

BW - 227

Squat - 365X5, 5, 5

Bench - 205X5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Deadlift - 315X5, 5

Missed Intensity Day for the 2nd week in a row.  Decided that I'll just repeat everything from last week and shoot for those I.D. lifts this Friday.  Sets with 365 on Squat did feel stronger this week than last, and that was a good feeling.  Butt shot back at the bottom of the last rep of the last set, shown.

I did up the weight a bit on bench.  I'd done 202.5 for two Bench V.D.'s in a row, and they were fast last week.  205 felt good this week.  Last set shown.

Was pretty gassed by the time I got to DL.  Maybe just conditioning falling off a bit from the erratic schedule the last 3 weeks.  Went with my "off" hand supinated for the last warm-up, and first work set.  Then switched to my "regular" supinated hand for the last set.  Worked in that the set felt better than the previous sets.  That hand still has a strained feeling after going supinated on DL.  Hoping that will go away soon.  Last set shown.

No comments: