Friday, January 26, 2018

Greyskull LP. Session 17

BW - 231

Press - 142.5X5, 5, 6

Chin-Ups - BW; 21 Reps / 8 Sets

Squats - 350X5, 5, 6

Solid session despite no PRs.  142.5X6 ties a Rep PR on Press.

For chins, I'm really trying to work my way back in with super strict technique.  Today it was all about touching the bar at the top.  I wanted to touch it to my chest, but that seemed impossible for some reason, so I settled for touching my neck.  After three sets, I kept doing them between squat warm-ups to get the volume.  Not sure what I'm doing with these right now, but I want to double-down on doing them strict whatever it's going to be.  Need to get video to see why I'm not able to touch my chest.

On Squats, I focused a ton on a letting the bar settle before the rep but after my breath, and then on a very controlled descent.  It took some mental adjustment to be this patient, but everything felt and looks pretty good.

No comments: