Friday, August 29, 2014

Reps and Volume. Week 1. Deadlift

BW - 197

Deadlift -
135X5, 5
185X4
225X3
275X2
315X1
285X5, 5, 5

RDL - 185X10, 10, 10

Chest-Supported T-Bar Row - Bar+50X10, 9, 7

Single-Leg Curls - X20, 20, 12 (ascending weight)

Solid session.  285X5 isn't really close to a PR (I've hit 295X8 before), however the 2nd and 3rd sets were harder than I expected!  I took last week off from training and tracking my diet, and my BW had a big dip as a result.  I tried to eat up for this session though [shrug].

RDLs felt good considering I haven't done them after Deads in a while.

Decided to try some chest-supported T-Bars for a bit.  I've always hated these because I have trouble getting set-up so that breathing isn't a chore.  I played around with it a bit and got to a place that was a little better.  The one at Quads (my 'away' gym right now) is a little more aggressive looking than most, but I have no idea if the bar and handles weigh any more than an average one.  Whatever the case, I definitely didn't need to be work with anything heavier than two 25s.

Quads also has plate-loaded leg machines, which are cool.  So I did single-legs on a plate-loaded, seated machine.  Went 25, 35, 45.  Haven't done hamstring iso's in a while, and I forgot how much I hate that crampy-tickly feeling of starting to do leg-curls again.

No comments: