Monday, June 18, 2012

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 2. Week 1. Press

Defranco Shoulder Mobility

Press -
BarX5
65X5X2
80X5
95X5
110X8
95X5

Chin-ups, neutral grip - BW(204)X10, 6

Standing, single-leg curls - 5 sets of 10-12

Swiss-Ball Crunches - 5 sets of 20

110X8 is a Rep PR, and a minor increase to my projected 1RM.  I didn't expect to be setting any 1RM increases on Press or DL on this 2-day split program, but I felt good today so I went for it and got it.  Just one of the smart things about this program philosophy is that it teaches this.  I expect that this is something that becomes ingrained, and years from now when I am likely doing my own thing rather than someone else's program design, I will still work with this concept of having a minimum to meet in a given session, that I can then exceed based on feel.

Bodyweight is down a bit as I've been replacing a lot of meals with protein Meal Replacement Shakes in an attempt to lean up a bit going into the opening of my new show.  Did a 50% set of neutral-grip chins here.  Only got 10 on the first set, but was determined to beat 4 on my 2nd (what I got last session at a higher BW) and gritted out 6. 

Hamstring curls just suck.  They're uncomfortable and boring as hell.  So at least I can give myself a bro-pat on the back for keeping on doing the shitty stuff.

More chiropractor crunches.  I actually super-set these with the TVA work she prescribed as well.  All good.

No comments: