Monday, June 18, 2012

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 2. Week 1. Hills

Hill Sprints - 20 minutes

I live in Chicago and don't keep a car, so finding anything steep to run up has been a challenge.  I finally took Wendler's advice and started google searching for sledding-hills in my area, and lo and behold there is a great, man-made hill I didn't know about nestled in the middle of a park that's only a 15-20 minute walk from my house:

This is really great, and I expect to get out here at least for one day a week as long as the weather is decent.

I was also pleased to be able to to rattle off 20 minutes on this guy with just the walk back down as my rest.  At least I know the much less steep incline sprints I'd been doing had accomplished something.  Next weekend, I will go for 22+ minutes, and progress from there.

No comments: