Thursday, April 26, 2012

UB: Reps Week 3. Back

Defranco - Rollovers into V-sit, piriformis stretch, lat stretch

Deadlift -
135X5X2
225X5X2
285X3

T-Bar Rows (unsupported) -
BarX30
30X10
50X6
75X3
60X20, 10, 5 (35 total reps)

Standing abs - 5 sets of 12-15

Deadlifts were okay.  I need to remember that just because it's not the main movement of the day, that I still have to focus and try to pull correctly.  I think my form went a bit to shit on the top set.

So my rowing strength is progressing very quickly.  That was probably predictable since I've never dedicated this much time or thought to progressing on them.  This might be one of the last worthwhile movements I ever see novice gains on.  So I have a dilemma here.  My original goal was to try and approach 30 reps with 60 lbs. on the bar.  Now that looks not only certain, but I might get it in week 5.  I could be wrong, but that set of 20 was pretty damn easy.  I could have gotten 2-3 more, but I wanted to make sure to get a quality 2nd set.  I've dropped Paul Carter a note asking for his input on this.  I have to decide whether to keep pushing the reps up with this work-weight, or up the work weight to something I'll have a harder time making 20 reps on over the next 3 weeks.

Cable crunches.  Snap into it!

No comments: