Friday, April 6, 2012

UB: Conditioning Week 6. Timed Mile

Defranco Mobility

5 minute walk

Timed Mile - 7:58

40+ seconds better than my best time for that distance.  I even had to stop for a second at a red light to wait for traffic to clear.  This was pretty much an all-out effort; as much mental as physical.  These last two runs, I've seen that once I get past the first 1/4 mile my brain starts telling me it's not in the cards, and I have to push past that.  Once I'm almost 3/4 of the way through that passes, and it becomes a matter of sustaining the pace.  So the middle 1/2 mile is the mental hurdle for me.  Anyway, this feels awesome.  Come the end of May, I'm going to have a period where I can only get in the gym 2-3 times a week for about 4 weeks, and I might revisit this then.  Or at least one or two of these conditioning drills.  Not sure which yet.

No comments: