Wednesday, October 19, 2011

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 1. Week 0. Deadlift

Defranco's Agile-8

RDL - BarX10

Deadlift -
135X5
155X5
175X3
180X3
205X3
235X3

My wife and friends got together and threw me a surprise birthday party on Monday night.  It was great!  However, I was totally beat yesterday.  Luckily 5/3/1 encourages the lifter to tailor sessions to that kind of thing.  Therefore, I just went in and got the prescribed weight/reps, and left.  The lifts were fast, but everything still felt hard because of fatigue. 

I want to note that I tried out the warm-up specified in the manual this time.  Usually I would do the bar and then 95 ahead of 135.  Wendler specifies a 40,50,60% of max warm-up.  I split the difference by doing some RDL's with the empty bar first.  Not sure this was as good as usual, but it's hard to say because I was tired.  I'll try it with the Bench next time and see how I feel then.

No comments: