Thursday, December 5, 2019

Block 9. Cycle 1. Session B.

BW - 229

Waist - 43.25"

sRPE @ 7

Squat - 
330X3 @7.75
250X15 @8

High Bar Squat - 250X7 @8

Hip Thrusts (Myo-Reps; 30 sec. rests) - 135X15, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 @ 8/7.5

Solid session.

Top triple on Squats moved really well.  Weight came in above target, and probably could have gone up 2-5 lbs., but these top sets are really final warm-ups in this block.  

Targeting @9 for the sets of 15 this block, and I know it's going to take some calibration to get there.  This weight was still above target, but definitely well below @9.  On the first week, I didn't want to add in another set for a couple of reasons: 1)  want to avoid adductor and quad DOMS as these have caused me problems at the beginning of past blocks, 2) at reps this high, I could see myself adding weight and suddenly finding myself @ 10+ in the first week.

Plan for High Bars was to shoot for 7@8 with the final weight from low bar.  Hoping to be able to go straight into it, and avoid taking off weight and doing a "warm up" set.  Tried that today, and it was a bit awkward having not done high bar in a few blocks, but I'm hopeful I'll get back in the groove.

Hip thrusts went well in my first real session using them.  May need to up reps on the myo-rep sets, as RPE was a little low throughout.




No comments: