Friday, November 3, 2017

Novice LP. Session 69 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 225.9

Bench -
245X2
217.5X5, 5

Squat - 325X5, 5, 9

Chin-Ups-
BW+25X5, 4
BWX9, 5

245X2 is an all-around PR on Bench.  I was supposed to do 242.5, but I'm ready for a reset, and so said 'fuck it.'  Jumped to more of a milestone.  RPE 9.5.  Back-off sets felt strong.  2nd back-off shown.  Will now reset Bench to the GSLP.


325X9 is a Rep PR on Squats.  Gave my legs a week off after hitting 405X2 in the hopes that rest and a GSLP reset would allow the adductor strain to fade away, but it came roaring back on these sets.  Next thing will probably be to meet with a P.T., and probably plan a longer lay-off of squats around our annual Thanksgiving trip.  Still this was maybe RPE 8.5.  Definitely could have gotten one more.

351(BW+25)X5 is a Rep PR.  Failed the 5th rep on set 2 (shown in video).  I will run this back next session and see if I can hit both sets.  First BW set felt surprisingly strong, and thought I was gonna run to 10, but the bottom dropped out as it usually does on this movement for me.


No comments: