Friday, November 17, 2017

Greyskull LP. Session 2

BW - 225

Bench - 185X5, 5, 10

Chin-Ups - BWX7, 5, 5
super-set with
Dips - BWX10, 10

Deadlift - 275X10

Kind of a low-intensity, medium RPE day.  I'd been sick for a few days, and then really busy, and that kept me out of the gym for about a week and a half.  And I'm about to be out of town for a week for Thanksgiving.  So I didn't want to think of this as a "regular" programming day, and decided to push some lighter weight on the barbell lifts, and just get some volume in on the bodyweight movements. 

All that being said, 185X10 is a Rep PR on Bench.  Probably RPE 8.  One more rep without a spotter for sure.

No weight added for Chins and Dips.  Just getting some volume in, especially on Dips following a higher rep set of Bench.

I was really close to pulling 405, and I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do on DL.  With being sick and away from the gym, I didn't feel confident coming in and pulling a heavy double.  And about to be gone for a week, I was worried about how that would effect my training.  Ultimately, I decided to be conservative.  Reset the DL along with everything else, but also plan to advance with 10 lb. jumps for a while.  The goal is to try and get DL to pull even with squats on intensity, and then drop to 5 lb. jumps.

275X10 matches a Deadlift PR, hilariously, from October, 2012.  I didn't know that when I went into this.  The Greyskull reset was going to have me starting at 295XAMRAP where 9 would be a PR, so I just decided to do 275X10 today.  When I went to look this up later, it turns out I haven't gone over 7 reps on DL since May of 2014, and hadn't gone over 8 since 2012. 

What was surprising about the movement itself, was how fatigued my actual legs started getting.  I squatted 285X10 as recently as June of this year, so that was unexpected.  Still, everything felt solid, and looks okay.  I'll be gone for a week, and then I'll come back and really start the GSLP in earnest after the holiday.

No comments: