Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Conditioning. Week 1. Intervals

Intervals - 4X1/4 mile @ ~2:12

Back from a long vacation.  Should be a perfect time to start getting back on the road as Spring should (hopefully) spring soon, and overall intensity will be reset lower in the gym.

Pretty cold out at the beach today, but got in my first 4 intervals.  Plan is to add another 1/4 mile interval each week, and then do the same total distance in a non-stop run in the 2nd half of the week.  So I did four 1/4 miles here, and later this week, I'll do a one mile sub-pace run.  Next week, do five 1/4 miles, and a 1.25 mile run, etc.

To start, I'm running an interval, and then walking the same distance for a rest.  I will probably need to ratchet down the rest periods at some point.  Getting up to twelve 1/4 mile intervals with 4-5 minute rests in between will get pretty boring.

No comments: