Friday, October 12, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 5. Week 1. Squat

BW - 199

Squat -
BarX5 (long pause to stretch at bottom)
BarX10
95, 135, 160, 185X5
210X8

Front Squats -
135X5, 5, 5

T-Bar Row -
25, 50, 75, 75X10
60X9

Dip -
BWX5, 5, 8, 5, 6

Hypers - 2 sets of 15-20

Solid first session back after vacation.

Squats felt solid, and not far off what I'd worked up to before the break.

I'm adding a touch of additional leg work for this cycle, much as I added some additional shoulder/trap work the last few.  To that end, I did a few sets of Front Squats.  I'm getting reacquainted with these, and will use them as my BBB volume sets in November and December.

Also decided to switch from BB to T-Bar rows for awhile.  This is a bit off from my best with this movement, but I'm focusing on keeping it very, very strict.  As long as the muscle is getting worked strictly, I'm not overly concerned about the weight.

With dips, I can see that energy plays a huge part when they're this late in the session.  I only did 5 reps on the first two sets because I was "trying to save myself" for the last sets because it's the first pressing motion of the day, and that's crap.  If I needed to save myself, I wouldn't have been able to get up for the 8 and 6 rep sets.  I just have to get in the mindset to attack the first set with everything I have, and let the reps fall out however they will on the later sets.

Had some time before the bus was due, so I kicked out some hypers to wrap up.

No comments: