Monday, October 15, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 5. Week 1. Bench

BW - 201 (hmmm)

Pause Squats -
BarX10
95X5, 5
135X5, 5
185X3
210X3
235X1

BW Lunges - 5 sets of 10

Bench -
BarX15
95X5, 5
115X5
130X5
150X5

Chins - BWX8, 7, 5, 5, 6, 5

BB Curl - BarX20

Hypers - 5 sets of 15

Mostly good session except for the benching.

I moved up to the tier 3 %'s for the off-day Pause Squats.  The 235 was slow but absolutely do-able, and that's reassuring.

Doing lunges on this day is part of the additional leg work I'm adding into this cycle.  Back-off Fronts on Squat day, BW-Only Lunges on Bench day, and high-rep leg curls on Deadlift day.

I started trying out a thumbless grip on Bench here.  Funnily I was only able to get the requisite 5 reps when a good day would have been closer to 10.  Not blaming the grip though.  I just think it was an off day benching.

Paused Chins are starting to feel more solid.

I did this set of curls just to off-set all the pressing on the day.  Everyone talks about programming to have pulling movements equal or outweigh pressing movements, but it seems to me that very few of the popular programs actually accomplish that.

Had a long time till the bus would show up, so I did a bunch of hypers.  Started putting my hands behind my head instead of across my chest, and I'm surprised at home much heavier that feels.

No comments: